The Capital’s food experts, Terra Walters, Rick Wade, Janice Gary and Diana Love, have selected these restaurants as their favorites (listed alphabetically):
- No. 1: Carrol’s Creek. Killer view, interesting menu with lots of variety, consistency, good service.
- No. 2: Grapes. A hidden gem. Mostly under foodies’ radar, but you’ll love every one of their imaginative small plates. Super wine selection, too.
- No. 3: Harry Browne’s. Romantic, classy and classic, wonderful food.
- No. 4: Harry’s on the Green (Denton). Everything’s wonderful, but soups and desserts? Off the chain!
- No. 5: Lewnes Steak House. We’re so lucky to have a steakhouse that can hold its own with NYC’s legendary “holy trinity” — Peter Luger, the original Palm and Christ Cella (no longer in existence).
- No. 6: Les Folies. French cuisine that’s the real deal. Worthy of a spot in downtown Lyon.
- No. 7: Osteria 177. Northern Italy shines in the menu of this outstanding downtown restaurant. Great cocktails as well.
- No. 8: Severn Inn. The total package — breathtaking view, excellent service, memorable food and wine.
- No. 9: Sin Fronteras. Excellent pan-Latin fare and the magic of Calle Ocho in every bite of your Cuban sandwich without paying for a plane ticket to Miami.
- No. 10: Skipper’s Pier. One of south county’s finest. Go once? You’ll be an instant regular.